The Garibaldi Holocrystal
A Memorial for Jerry Doyle
The death of Jerry Doyle on July 27, 2016 shocked and saddened Babylon 5 fandom. Five weeks later, on August 31, the Coroner's Office confirmed that Jerry Doyle died from natural causes with complications from chronic alcoholism.
A Tribute to Michael Garibaldi
To give fans the opportunity to honor Jerry Doyle and do some good, we are offering the "Garibaldi Holocrystal," with a portion of the proceeds being donated to Claudia Christian's C Three Foundation.
ABOUT THE HOLOCRYSTALThe Garibaldi Holocrystal is a unique, two-sided frame designed to display any two of ten different Garibaldi quote/image cards designed to reflect the many facets of the character and the actor who played him. There is no signature/autograph.
ABOUT THE FRAME
- 5" by 7" and 1" thick (This is slightly bigger than the autograph crystals. As a memorial we wanted to give it more gravitas.
- Composed of two thick panels of clear, solid acrylic, with an elegant glass-like look and feel
- Contemporary design
- Held together by magnets, so no hardware or tools required; just twist the acrylic plates to swap out quote/image cards
- Double or single-sided display; it's up to you
- Equally stable in portrait or landscape mode; it will not fall over
- Can be picked up and put down without the images shifting because the four magnets that hold it are insanely strong.
- Works equally well as a coffee-table conversation piece, desk paperweight or displayed on a shelf
To see larger, click here.
To see larger, click here.
ABOUT THE QUOTE IMAGE PRINTS
- Archival ink
- Acid-free paper
- 4" by 6" on quality photo stock for sharp, clear color
CLAUDIA SEES THE TRIBUTE TO JERRY DOYLE FOR FIRST TIME
Claudia Ivanova Christian Reacting to the Garibaldi Holocrystal
FAQWHY THESE QUOTES WITH THESE IMAGES?
For this memorial, we wanted the focus on Garibaldi. This meant matching up his memorable quotes with iconic images, even if the quote and the image are from different episodes (with one exception).
WHAT IS A HOLOCRYSTAL, AND WHERE IS IT REFERENCED IN BABYLON 5?
A holocrystal is a 26th century data storage device used to record the thought patterns of notable beings. The storage capacity far exceeded that of 23rd century datacrystals. The holocrystal was introduced in "Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic" by J. Michael Straczynski, a Babylon 5 short story published in the Summer 2000 issue of Amazing Stories magazine and never reprinted.
HOW DO I CLEAN THE FRAME?
With a lint-free cloth that we provide with the frame.
WHAT IF I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
Email us at email@example.com. We answer all email personally. We really do!
A MESSAGE FROM THE HEAD OF B5 BOOKS
From Captain Jaclyn, head of B5 Books – For the last year of Jerry Doyle's life, until the day he died, I worked for Jerry rebooting his news site, EpicTimes. It was from working closely with him that I got to really know him.
The idea for the Garibaldi Holocrystal surfaced days after Jerry's death but it took a few months to make it happen. I didn't want to move forward without the feedback of other people close to Jerry and I also needed time to recover myself.
To be reminded of Jerry's passing every day since his death while working on the holocrystal has been a challenge. But given the overwhelming response, it has really been worth it.
RECAPSUMMARY OF WHAT YOU ARE GETTING:
- The Garibaldi Holocrystal (5" by 7" acrylic frame)
- Each Holocrystal comes with 10 different quote/image cards; the frame accommodates two images (one on the front and one on the back) for a total of 45 unique pairings.
- A donation in your name to Claudia Christian's C Three Foundation